Sunday, 22 May 2011

Love Letter

This is a soppy love-song I wrote about the love a girl has for her soldier... Whether it's a real battle with guns, spies, bombs and death; or the day to day battles of life that takes him away from her. While I was writing it I thought of the romantic, dramatic scene we see portrayed over and over again in Hollywood movies of the 3o's. The wistful dreams of young girls, the passion young boys had to fight for their countries... And I realized that it was raw, simple love that kept both sides fighting, love that gave them hope and passion. Love that bound those dreams together down the generations that have lived on... I thank all the men that are someone's soldier for fighting... Most of all, I thank my own xx 
Love Letter

My pen stains page
With the ink of my soul
Of memories untold 
My words will never grasp
The love I feel inside
And yet the letters flow
This is all I want you to know

This is the simplest of love letters
It doesn’t speak of much more
Than my love for you grows stronger
Everyday I have to endure
Not seeing you before me
Or hearing your laughing voice
And knowing you’re out there fighting
My soldier - to faith, hold tightly


You’re my dearest lover, oh my constant friend
You’re my sanity and saviour
Always there till the end
I'll love you forever though bullets tear us apart
But even then
You’ll always be right here in my heart


These ribbons of love
Tied up in red
White paper splashed with my tears
The stamp pressed down
The envelop sealed
One last kiss to reach your hands
Don't forget, my love, my man
My heart

Copyright Ajae Frazer, 18th Feburary 2o1o ©

Yours forever, Ajae

No comments:

Post a Comment