Tuesday, 14 September 2010

The Way Home


This is the first song I wrote. God gave it to me at a time when I didn't know what was going on in my life, I felt so confused and unsure of everything... But God brought me back to where I could see that it didn't matter if I couldn't see the years in front of me, all I needed to see was Him.


The way home


Lord this heart is broken
I’ve lost my way back home
And I'm standing at this crossway 
Not knowing which way to go
Everything is backed against me
And my heart is bleeding pain
Jesus come, heal this heart again.

You said You’d never leave me
You’d never let me go
And I’m trying to feel your arms
But my sorrow is too strong
My tears have turned black now
And my sobs are filled with shame
Jesus come, melt this heart again.

You said You could redeem the unredeemable
You can heal a heart of brokenness
You knock when no ones listening
You fill my aching emptiness
You are everything I need
And I’m finding You’re so much more
Jesus help me find You in this storm

Cos I’m fighting just to live
And these dark clouds are rolling in
Jesus save me I cry
Jesus I’m gonna die

Lord this heart is open
It’s a living sacrifice
I’m Your daughter here before You
Begging You to hold me tight
I don’t know where I’m going
But Your arms have made me strong
Jesus lead the way, home

Jesus my heart is open…
And I’ve found You in this storm

Copyright Ajae Frazer, 2oo9 ©


Yours forever, Ajae ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment